Transferring Files by using Airdroid app / Airdroid application in Laptop or Personal Computer (PC)….
Airdroid is an application that is specifically designed for use in Android mobile phones. With Airdroid app, you can be able to connect your device to a Personal Computer the same way you rely on a USB cable for connection purposes. Apart from transferring files, you can also send Short Messages (SMS) using Airdroid app between different mobile phones using Airdroid app with ease. In this article, we are going to have a look on how to transfer files using Airdroid app.
How to transfer files by using Airdroid app / Airdroid Application via PC / Laptop
Just follow the simple guide given below and you will transfer the files within a couple of minutes
- You will first have to make sure that your android device and the Personal Computer are using the same network. To do this successfully, match the names of the connection on your personal computer or android mobile phone.
- The next step involves downloading and installing Airdroid app. To perform this action, visit Google Play Store and type in “Airdroid” on the search bar. Alternatively, search the application using the search bar of your preferred browser on your android mobile phone, personal computer or Mac.
- Wait for the download to finish before clicking on “Install” button to install Airdroid app.
- Tap on the Airdroid app to open it.
- Once the application is open, go through the information displayed on the screen of your device and you can see the connection tab. Click on this option.
- You will then be able to see the IP Address on the URL bar that is at the bottom corner of your current page. This IP address i.e. http://192.1.x:8888 contains X as a variable number.
- Open your installed browser be it Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer and type in http:192.168.1.x.8888 on the address bar. Press the “Enter” button on your keyboard after typing the IP address.
- You will be able to see an “Accept” or “Reject” notification on your devices screen. Click on “Accept” to continue with the process.
- Click on the “File” icon on Airdroid app menu bar in your Personal Computer or Mac device once it is connected. This action will generate a file browser resembling Windows Explorer.
- To transfer any file from PC to your Android mobile phone, simply go to a folder before clicking on “Upload” button. This button can be easily identified from the top right corner of your file browser window.
- You will be able to see another window from where you should drag and drop files that you want from your PC. Airdroid application will then start transferring files using a speed which depends on the file size and your connection quality.
When transferring any file from your android mobile phone to PC, you first have to locate the file using file explorer on the website. After selecting the file, click on “Download” button and the file will be displayed in downloads folder. You can then have a look at any file that you have downloaded by clicking on the specific folder.